Nativity of the Virgin Mary Church was built in
1924. Orthodox Christians of Belorussian, Ukrainian and Russian
descent became the members of the new parish. Over the years the
church remained crucial in lives of several generations of its parishioners.
It provided them with spiritual guidance and a sense of cultural
identity. Although presently the services are conducted almost entirely
in English, they are deeply rooted in the liturgical traditions
of the Russian Orthodox Church.